Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm Now a Jaguar but I'll Always Be a Tiger at Heart


On Tuesday the 24th of August I will be waking up early, sharpening my #2 pencils, grabbing my trapper keeper, and heading off to school. I am re-entering my youth and getting a second degree. I already have a BA in Art and will be getting a BFA in Graphic Design with a minor in Marketing. Hopefully after I end my lifelong career as a professional student I will be able to acquire a "grown-up job," like an astronaut or a professional badminton player.
I am quite excited about returning to school, this go around they are giving me a senior citizen discount in the campus food court due to the fact I am a few years older than the other freshmen. I am only registered for two classes this semester. The first is Management, where I will most likely be mistaken for the teacher, and the second is Painting III, which I am especially enthused about. It will give me the chance to actually have time to paint, and possibly even learn something (doubt it, I'll probably have to teach the class because of my unbelievable skills).
Really the only downside to the whole school thing is the fact that my new university (University of South Alabama (USA(or "South" as most refer to it))) is located in the heart of Mobile, AL. I don't know if you are familiar with it, but it was named as the "rainiest city in America"...that's right...it beat out Seattle. Rain is super awesome to walk to class in; the only thing more awesome is the traffic in Mobile.
Despite the few negatives, it will be fun to be a student again, so I can pretend I don't have responsibilities anymore.

1 comment:

  1. TWO blog updated within a week...and a fabulous new look...BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!

    Have fun in class...buy yourself an amazing (very overpriced) fancy umbrella to celebrate! Or better yet, get one that can be worn like a hat so you don't have to hold it while walking! :)

    ReplyDelete