Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pupalups


So for anyone who knows me, you know that I am pretty much obsessed with my dogs. I hate to admit it but I like my dogs more than I like most people. And I can't seem to wrap my head around "cat people." I mean really. I cannot understand why anyone would prefer a cat over a dog. And call me crazy, but personally I prefer dogs to children as well. Anyway I think you get my point. My personal little man is quite the mystery. I can't figure out what dogs got together and created this 8th wonder of the world. So today I spent too many hours to admit searching for dogs that resemble my sweet baby angel. It's obvious he is part terrier, his personality screams terrier. But which one I don't know. On my quest today I came across a list of "designer dogs." I have known about these "designers dogs" for a while now, but I thought they mostly consisted of anything mixed with a poodle. It seems that this list of designs has grown much larger. I'm pretty sure that anything flies as long as it has a catchy name. If I can ever figure out what 23 dogs got together to create Rocket, I will most definitely be compiling a list and creating quite the little name for this new "breed." And believe you me I WILL be getting it recognized as a designer breed. I found that even our chubby little stinker, Shelby is one of these so-called "designer dogs," her official breed is Schnug (pug and miniature schnauzer). A few years ago her official breed was Mutt. I guess breeders finally wised up and realized that mixed breeds make way better pets. Now designer dogs cost more than pure breeds. Call me old fashion but I like to get my designer dogs from the local pound, or in Rocket's case, Craigslist. Moral of the story, I love my dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment